Final design of Mercedes Benz SF1
Akiko Matsuyama Who is employee of Japanese toilet maker TOTO gets on a “Toilet Bike Neo” displayed at its showroom in Fujisawa, near Tokyo. The company rolled out the eco-friendly three-wheel 250cc motorcycle with a specially customized toilet-shaped seat that runs on bio-fuel from the discharge of livestock or waste water. (Koji Sasahara/Associated Press)via
- Environmentally friendly – completely GREEN car delivering long awaited mobility solution for wheelchair users
- Driven directly from a wheelchair – access is via the rear-opening tailgate and steering is by motorbike style handlebar (joystick option will be available in time)
- Your own wheelchair is secured within the car by an interlocking device
- The current design allows parking rear end to the pavement for easy access and it is an ideal solution to drivers who only undertake journeys to local shops and services
- Because of its weight the Kenguru is classified as a scooter and therefore only a scooter driver’s licence is required to drive Kenguru
In winter Igloo Village Kakslauttanen offers a possibility to enjoy a range of unique winter recreation activities like spending a night in a snow or glass igloo, dining in a snow restaurant, admiring ice marvels in the Ice Gallery or getting married in our highly popular snow chapel. Igloo Village lies in a close proximity of Kakslauttanen, just on the other side of the spring. There are 20 glass igloos, 60 beds in snow igloos and an one of a kind glass kota. The snow restaurant provides seating for 50-150 people. Igloo Village is open each year between December and January depending on the weather conditions and stays open until the end of April. [via]
Vauni's flueless ethanol fireplace gives so much more than simply a fire without a chimney. Our philosophy is to unite tradition with contemporary needs. Just as the old wood stove spread warmth and was a fine gathering-place, a flueless fireplace from Vauni makes the same contribution to a present-day room.
Mirrorcube offers an extraordinary opportunity to experience nature on nature’s terms, without compromising on design or comfort.
The exterior creates a feeling of space and weightlessness. By reflecting its surroundings, Mirrorcube remains more or less invisible wherever it’s mounted.
The interior is light and fresh with a strong focus on the warm shades of the wood. The many windows enable a spectacular view of the surrounding area and create beautiful natural light.
This light came from the idea of folding a piece of paper. The function of its adjustment of light and the space created by that are a result of simple action of one surface (the panel) being divided by two. The two panels with slight shifts to each other at its closed position remind a user to open this object up. This light gives the poetic theme to the space like a butterfly flying around with silence.